Friday, March 1, 2013

Reworking a new project

Ah, so I began a middle grade novel and loved the opening. Yes, I loved it. But skidded into a big halt at page ten. No not just page ten. Suddenly my story wasn't what I thought it would be. Not at all. Bummer. Loved my character but the plot didn't work.  I repeat  NOT AT ALL-
I tried this angle. Nope. I tried it another way. Na-
 Time to take a break,  So I now have a list of books at my desk. Reading to clear my mind. Maybe to jog my idea bin. Yep, take a break and catch up on some books I've missed. Reading for enjoyment and reading to see how others treat characters, plot and dialogue. Opps, I'm having too much fun. Research can be so grand.

1 comment:

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I'm at 11,000 words on a young adult and am stalled. It's not like I know what I'm doing --either. :) Hoping it comes alive again.

LOVE that illustration.